Applications for the 2022-2023 Youth Board are now available! Click here to apply.
The Sidewalk Youth Board is a group of high school students from across the Birmingham area who share a love for movies. The Youth Board writes, produces, directs, edits, and eventually screens their own short film, which will also appear in the Sidewalk Film Festival lineup. Youth Board members also get to help our programming team choose films submitted by other teen filmmakers for consideration at the festival. Questions about Youth Board can be emailed to email@example.com.
Youth Board Members:
- Learn about filmmaking from local professionals- scriptwriting, shooting, editing, and everything in between
- Produce a short film as a team that will premiere at the Sidewalk Film Festival
- Learn about film analysis and festival programming
- Get an inside look at how film festivals like Sidewalk operate throughout the year
- Serve as the screening committee and programmers for the Sidewalk Film Festival Teen Filmmaking Category
- Get the chance to collaborate with other local organizations on youth-based film project
Meetings will take place every other Saturday (either virtually via Zoom or at the Sidewalk Film Center + Cinema, pending how the pandemic is progressing). 100% of Youth Board membership dues ($30 per member, due at the first meeting) go towards the production budget of the film the Youth Board will create. We’re happy to offer some scholarships in cases of financial hardship. Please email Kiwi once you have applied in order to request a scholarship.