- This event has passed.
Lil Nas X : Unlikely Cowboy
Lil Nas X : Unlikely Cowboy (2022)
Directed by Roxane Schlumberger
Not Rated / Documentary / 42 minutes
Montero Lamar Hill, also known as Lil Nas X, is an American rapper and songwriter. He rose to fame with the release of his country rap single “Old Town Road”, which went viral on social media in 2019, before climbing music charts internationally and becoming the song of the year. Lil Nas X is now is one of the most visible queer black male singers and one of the biggest rappers in the world who places his sexuality front and centre in his music. And it’s groundbreaking. He has carved his way to fame through the unapologetic celebration of his queer identity. In the history of music, artists like Lil Nas were the exception. Now, he is the rule. His upbringing was tough, but it shaped him as a person and artist. He is the biggest reveal of his generation. This is Lil Nas X’s wild ride to fame as an unlikely cowboy.
Black Lens Film Week is sponsored by Aids Alabama
Please read the following information regarding COVID-19 prior to your purchase
By purchasing a ticket to Sidewalk events or programming I acknowledge the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and the fact that there can be no guarantees that a positive COVID-19 case will not occur despite Sidewalk’s preventative measures. By attending the event or program I agree to assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 or otherwise. I agree to follow all Sidewalk procedures and practices related to COVID-19 or otherwise. I also agree to release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Sidewalk, its owners, employees, agents, contractors, insurers and affiliates, of all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to attendance at Sidewalk events or programming.
We will be reopening with the following health and safety protocols in place to create the safest environment possible for you and our staff:
- Online advance ticket purchases preferred.
- Reduced capacity in screening rooms
- Due to an increase of COVID-19 cases and the Omicron variant we are highly encouraging guests to wear a mask at all times inside the Sidewalk Cinema when not actively eating or drinking.
- Sidewalk staff members are either fully vaccinated or masked at all times
- Sanitization of all high touch surfaces and theater seats in between all screenings
Alterations to the physical space include:
- New touchless restroom fixtures
- Hand sanitizing stations in key locations
- MERV-13 Filters in all HVAC units