- This event has passed.
Oscar Micheaux’s Murder in Harlem
Oscar Micheaux’s Murder in Harlem (1935)
Directed by Oscar Micheaux
Not Rated / Narrative / 1 hour, 36 minutes
A black night watchman at a chemical factory finds the body of a murdered white woman. After he reports it, he finds himself accused of the murder.
Black Lens Film Week is sponsored by Aids Alabama
Please read the following information regarding COVID-19 prior to your purchase
By purchasing a ticket to Sidewalk events or programming I acknowledge the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and the fact that there can be no guarantees that a positive COVID-19 case will not occur despite Sidewalk’s preventative measures. By attending the event or program I agree to assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 or otherwise. I agree to follow all Sidewalk procedures and practices related to COVID-19 or otherwise. I also agree to release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Sidewalk, its owners, employees, agents, contractors, insurers and affiliates, of all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to attendance at Sidewalk events or programming.
We will be reopening with the following health and safety protocols in place to create the safest environment possible for you and our staff:
- Online advance ticket purchases preferred.
- Reduced capacity in screening rooms
- Due to an increase of COVID-19 cases and the Omicron variant we are highly encouraging guests to wear a mask at all times inside the Sidewalk Cinema when not actively eating or drinking.
- Sidewalk staff members are either fully vaccinated or masked at all times
- Sanitization of all high touch surfaces and theater seats in between all screenings
Alterations to the physical space include:
- New touchless restroom fixtures
- Hand sanitizing stations in key locations
- MERV-13 Filters in all HVAC units