Our priority at the Sidewalk Film Center + Cinema is the health and safety of our patrons and employees.
While the current risk level of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Birmingham is low, we wanted to share the steps
we’re taking here at Sidewalk — and the precautions we, as a community of individuals, should take — to
help keep each other healthy.
Sidewalk continues to be open for business as usual, with some additional precautionary measures in
- Our “live events” such as classes, workshops, seminars etc.. have been canceled or will be rescheduled.
- We have reduced capacity at all events to 40% to increase the physical space between patrons within in our theaters.
- Every night, a professional cleaning service thoroughly cleans the Cinema including disinfecting all railings, doorknobs, and other frequently-touched surfaces.
- Additionally, our staff disinfects surfaces regularly throughout the day
We ask that our patrons and staff adhere to the following guidelines and be aware of the steps we are
taking to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
- If you have a fever, cough or sore throat, please do not come into the Sidewalk Film Center +Cinema.
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning of common areas and providing disinfecting and hygienic materials for staff and patrons.
- We’ve reminded staff to follow standard precautions, including frequent handwashing, and to stay home if they feel ill. We ask our patrons to do the same.
We will continue to monitor and follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as local and state public health authorities.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.