We want you to have a great Sidewalk experience.
So we’re sending you everything you need to know to about the Box Office, which opens tomorrow.
Box Office Location/Hours:
The central box office is located in The Pizitz Building, on the corner of 2nd Ave. N. and 19th St. N. (enter directly into the box office from 19th St. N.). You can park for free in the attached parking garage (first two hours free).
The central box office will be open Mon-Thursday 11am-7pm, Friday 11am-9pm, Sat + Sun 9am-9pm.
We will operate satellite box offices at the Alabama Theatre, the Alabama School of Fine Arts, and the Carver Theatre during Festival weekend. The Alabama Theatre location will be open Friday, August 26th from 5pm-8pm.
Both the Alabama Theatre location and the Alabama School of Fine Arts location will be open Saturday 10am-10pm and Sunday 10am-8pm.
Will Call: Which Ticket/Pass Products Are Available Where?
All VIP passes must be picked up from the Central Box Office.
*Please note there are several special events such as our Spotlight Nights throughout Fest week that require an additional ticket. VIP pass holders can add these tickets for only $5. Please see your VIP pass confirmation email to gain access to your $5 add-on link or email email@example.com.
**If you ordered multiple VIP passes and did not provide a name for each pass, you will be asked to do so at the Box Office. Blank VIP passes will not be issued.
Weekend passes are available for pick-up from the Central Box Office all week and can also be picked up from the Alabama Theatre Box Office on Friday, August 26th beginning at 5:00pm.
Day passes are available for pick-up from the Central Box Office all week and can also be picked up from any of our satellite box offices on Saturday, August 27th and Sunday, August 28th.
Premium single tickets, including Alabama Filmmaker Spotlight, Life and Liberty Spotlight, Shout Spotlight, and Black Lens Spotlight, are a “print at home” product which means that you should print your ticket or be prepared to show your digital ticket from your smartphone.
Premium single ticket sales will end on Friday evening at midnight. They will not be available for purchase on Saturday or Sunday.
Box Office and Venue Policies:
- No refunds or exchanges except in rare cases of program
- Premium single tickets are guaranteed seating and are admitted to all screenings first, followed by lanyard bearers, pass holders, then single ticket holders.
- General admission single tickets, passes and VIP lanyards do NOT guarantee seating to specific films. VIP lanyards are nontransferable.
- Please arrive early to the films you are most interested in to secure a seat.
- Please silence all mobile phones and other devices.
- Festival schedule and appearances are subject to change.
- No outside food or drink of any kind.
- Recording devices are not permitted.
- Most indie films have not been rated. Proceed with caution.
A Note about Health + Safety at Sidewalk 2022
Masks are not required this year, but there will be free disposable ones available at all venues. There are also Sidewalk branded masks available at our merch tables!
Birmingham AIDS Outreach will be onsite offering Covid Vaccines/Boosters for those that are interested.